Everything you need to know about the Dr. Sebi Diet, including foods to eat, menus, FAQs, shopping lists, and more.
The Dr. Sebi Diet is a vegan diet plan that recommends rich antioxidant foods to help the body’s cells regenerate. It is helpful since illness flourishes in an acidic environment. The diet’s designer, Alfredo Bowman, believes it is ideal for those who wish to treat or avoid diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and kidney disease. Furthermore, he theorized that eating antioxidant meals and taking antioxidant supplements decreases the amount of toxic waste in the body, therefore replacing dead cells and maintaining the body in excellent condition.
Because it is plant-based, this diet not only reduces the likelihood of acquiring illnesses but also aids in weight loss. More specifically, the diet promotes the intake of real foods as opposed to processed and quick foods. The long-term merits of doing so can be beneficial to one’s general health. This post discusses what the diet is all about, as well as which items to consume and which to avoid.
What is the Dr. Sebi Diet Plan?
Dr. Sebi’s eating regimen, in comparison to other plant-based diets that are solely alkaline-based, sets patients on very strict vegan meals and supplements to alkalize the blood. This diet is adamantly opposed to the use of animal protein, refined carbohydrates, and wheat products.
There are rigorous nutritional rules that must be observed when following this diet. To maintain this diet one must drink at least one gallon of water daily and take Dr. Sebi supplements. The diet, however, is deficient in protein because it excludes animal products and goods. People who follow this diet may also be deficient in essential B-12.
Foods to Eat on the Dr. Sebi Diet
The following are the only approved foods you can eat
- Fruit with Seeds: Peaches, Apples, Mangos, Figs, Tamarind, Pears, Papayas, Berries, Plums, Cucumber
- Vegetables: Amaranth, Watercress, Mushrooms, Okra, Lettuce, Kale, Arugula
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, Pine Nuts, Brazil Nuts, Cashew Nuts, Hemp Seeds, Peanuts, Pecans.
- Grains: Wild Rice, Spelt, Rye, Kamut, Teff, Fonio, Quinoa, Amaranth
- Healthy Oils: Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Sesame Seeds Oil.
- Spices: Basil, Thyme, Oregano, Bay Leaves Garlic Cloves, Ginger, Rosemary, Cinnamon
- Natural Sweeteners: Sugar from Dates, Agave Syrup
Foods Not to Eat
To get optimal results in this diet, avoid the following foods
- Canned Foods
- Red Meat
- Soy Sauce
- Poultry: Chicken Eggs, Chicken, Turkey, Quail Eggs
- Fruits without seeds
- Dairy: Cottage Cheese, Milk, Yoghurt
What to Drink on the Dr. Sebi Diet
The following are the only drinks permitted on this diet
- Herbal Tea
What Not to Drink
Avoid the following drinks
- Hot Chocolate
Thank you for your interest in learning more about the Dr. Sebi diet plan. Our free embedded checklists are available for download and use at any time. This will come in handy when it comes to meal preparation and grocery shopping.