Everything you need to know about the Endomorph Diet, including foods to eat, menus, FAQs, shopping lists, and more.
The Endomorph Diet is designed for people who have the body type of an endomorph. This body type is characterized by huge bones and soft bodies, as well as wide hips and large bones. People with this body type tend to gain weight around their abdomens and have a difficult time losing that weight. As a result, there is a requirement for this diet. It is recommended that you consume whole foods, fresh veggies, healthy fats, and protein as part of your diet plan. This post discusses what the endomorph diet is, how it works, what meals to eat and not eat.
What is the Endomorph Diet Plan?
As a result of their metabolism, people with endomorph physical features may find it difficult to lose weight. Therefore, they must control what they eat and stay away from leading a sedentary lifestyle. This diet is more effective when it is accompanied by exercise. Therefore, it is recommended to engage in exercises such as high-intensity interval training and cardiovascular activity.
The Paleo diet is an example of an endomorph diet that can be used to help people shed some weight. The diet is strong in protein and healthy fats, and it is low in carbohydrates, particularly refined carbohydrates. First and foremost, it is better that you speak with a nutritionist before beginning the endomorph diet plan. Also, gradually lower your carbohydrate intake; it is not recommended to eliminate carbs from your diet; rather, it is better to minimize your carbohydrate intake while increasing your protein intake.
Foods to Eat on the Endomorph Diet
For this diet, the following foods are healthy options:
- Vegetables: Spinach, Asparagus, Kale, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Onions, Romaine Lettuce, Peppers, Mushrooms
- Fruits: Berries, Apples, Pears, Cucumbers, Grapefruits, Oranges, Peaches
- Protein: Lean Beef, Turkey Breast, Chicken, Mackerel, Salmon, Albacore, Eggs, shrimp
- Nuts and Seeds: Macadamia Nuts, Flaxseeds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds
- Healthy Fats: Avocado, Avocado Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Olive Oil
- Healthy Carbs: Oatmeals, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower Rice
Foods Not to Eat
On this diet, you should stay away from the foods listed below.
- Processed Foods: Fries, Pizza, Doughnuts, Cereals, Chips, Creamed Vegetables
- Refined Carbs: White Rice, Pasta, White Bread
- Unhealthy Fats: Bagels, Bacon
- Granola Bars
- Flavored Nuts
- Sausage rolls
- Hot Dogs
What to Drink on the Endomorph Diet
The following beverages are healthy and are permitted on this diet.
- Plain Yogurt
- Protein Shake
What Not to Drink
The following beverages should be avoided due to their high sugar content.
- Sports Drink
- Energy Drinks
- Ice Cream
- Sweetened Coffee
Thank you for your interest in our Endomorph Diet plan. You are welcome to make use of our free integrated checklists whenever you would like without any restrictions. For meal preparation and grocery shopping, this will be quite helpful.